I Think That I Shall Never See . . .

National Poetry Month isn't just about creating new poetry. It's about lampooning appreciating the poets of the past, too.


Here’s a little poem I didn’t write. It's a lovely little poem. Joyce Kilmer wrote it in 1913:
Sgt. Joyce Kilmer, American poet and a member ...
Sgt. Joyce Kilmer, American poet & member of the 69th Volunteer Infantry Unit (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth’s flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

And here’s another poem I did write. It's . . . it's a little poem:
I think that I shall never see
My apologies to Joyce Kilmer.
A poem lovely as my pee.

A braided flow I micturate
Unless I have a swelled prostate;

A leak that lets me know I’m well
By its strong ammonia smell;

A wonderful relaxing piss
That makes a satisfying hiss;

A pee I guide with my own hands
Down my urethra, out my glans.

Other men have schlongs, like me,
But only I can make mine pee.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Post a Comment

Claimer and Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this blog are solely mine. None of the opinions necessarily reflect the beliefs of my friends, family, or employers, past, present, or future. I reserve the right to be wrong.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP