Monday, March 16, 2009

Today's Word: slubberdegullion

slubberdegullion: This is a word I've been trying to work into a conversation for some time now. Unfortunately, it describes me better than it describes anyone else I have regular conversations with. A slubberdegullion is a slob. You'll just have to trust me when I say that my apartment is currently (and for the foreseeable future) a slubberdegullionist sanctuary.

Some definitions I've seen are a little harsher than mine, defining slubberdegullion more along the lines of a no-good, slobbering, unkempt wreck of a man with horrible personal hygiene. I don't think this is an accurate description of myself (my ex-wife might disagree). I shower every day. With soap! I do laundry whenever I can scare up enough quarters. I occasionally use the vacuum sweeper, when I can clear enough floor space to get at the carpet. I brush my teeth.

Anyway, enough about me. Enjoy the new word!