Here are some of the things I hope to do before I kick the bucket. With any luck, I’ll be crossing these off as time rolls on.
Of course, I’ll be adding things as time goes on, too.
Write a novelfinished Duncan and the Lonely Giant, December 2012
- Publish a book (not self-published)
- Write a symphony
- Get that symphony performed publicly
- Be in a movie or TV show (even if I’m only an extra in the background)
- Fall in love again
- Go back to the English countryside
- Visit all 50 states, DC, and Puerto Rico (24/52)
- Have over 1,000 blog visitors in a single day
- Get nominated for best grammar blog at Grammar.net . . .
- . . . and garner at least 10 votes.
- See one of Wagner’s operas in Germany
- Have dinner with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer
- Get an undeniably awesome tattoo
- Sell a piece of artwork
- Be mentioned in the Acknowledgments of someone else’s novel
- Sell a poem
- Spend a week or more in Paris
- Be on a game show
- Win a short-story contest
- Take oil painting lessons
- Learn to drive a stick
- Drive an Astin Martin . . . fast!
- Be the correct question on Jeopardy!
Buy a house (that I get to keep)Closed on the house, November 8, 2013.
- Make a short film
- Get back down to my fighting weight
- Leave some money in Vegas
- Get recognized by a stranger
- Fire a gun