Not that I haven't been blogging. Just not here, where I really want to.
So today, in lieu of a fresh helping of logophilic madness, I direct you elsewhere.
First, Kory Stamper's latest at harmless drudgery is not to be missed. Lately, she has been womanning the Merriam-Webster inbox and dealing with questions from the idiot masses. On Friday, she posted answers she wishes she could have sent, and they're hilarious.
And second, some of what I've been doing. I've been writing a brief series about blog editing in my new position at digitalrelevance, and I'm up to 5:
- Are You Really Editing Your Blog? Should You Be?
- Blog Editing Tip #1: Read It Again
- Blog Editing Pro Tip: Get Your Adverbs Here
- Blog Editing Pro Tip: How Do You Handle Too Many Verb Tenses? (Not my original title, which was "The Secret to Too Many Verb Tenses Is Simple")
- And today's post: Blog Editing Pro Tip: Don't Let Cliches and Idioms Get Out of Hand